About Cheetah Plains Camp
- Air-Conditioned Chalets in Garden Setting
- Veranda & En Suite Bathroom
- Mosquito Net & Ceiling Fan
- Luxury Chalets & 4-Sleeper Cottage Available
The camp’s eight thatched chalets lie in landscaped gardens ringing with birdsong. Each has a veranda with table and chairs; step inside and you’ll find a cool, simple interior furnished with either a double bed or twins and complete with mosquito net and fan. Air conditioned, all chalets have en suite bathrooms: six come with shower only; two boast not just a shower and bath but also an outdoor, open-air shower.
A short walk from main lodge and surrounded by an electric fence, the 2-bedroomed cottage is ideal for a privacy-seeking couple, group of friends or a family. Featuring a large veranda, the cottage has a large lounge/dining area as well as a small kitchen. There is a shared bathroom with bath and shower as well as a second toilet.
- Swimming Pool with Sun Deck & Loungers
- Lounge, Bar & Dining Area
- Game Viewing Decks
- Internet Access
- Outdoor Dining
- Curio Shop
For such a modestly sized and affordable lodge, Cheetah Plains certainly doesn’t lack for facilities. Guests can laze next to the swimming pool, taking in views of the river from a sun lounger. There are two game viewing decks equipped with comfortable chairs and a curio shop with safari apparel and local art for sale.
The camp serves meals indoors or under the stars depending on the weather but you’ll enjoy the comfort and conviviality of Cheetah Plains’ bar and lounge all year round.
Activities at Cheetah Plains Camp
- Morning & Afternoon Game Drives
- Spot-lit Evening Drives
- Bird Watching
- Village Visits & Community Tour
Cheetah Plains offers two drives a day. It’s an early start for the morning one but well worth it. The camp lies in epic big game territory and it’s during the early hours that predators such as lion and leopard are on the move. Despite the camp’s name, cheetahs are not seen particularly often in the area – it is more an historical reference – but guests at the camp for two or three days can expect to have excellent sightings of the Big 5, including the normally elusive leopard. Traversing rights on other private concessions adds to the scope – and there will never be more than two vehicles in the same area, allowing for virtually exclusive sightings.
With 500 or so recorded bird species in the Sabi Sands, Cheetah Plains Camp is a great choice for bird watchers. And with its proud record in community development, it’s an equally good choice for travellers who wish to see the human side to this environment as well. Meeting community elders in local villages gives you an insight into life here, and Cheetah Plains offers an inspiring guided tour of the Manyeleti community and its achievements.
On The Map
- All meals, local & speciality tea & fabulous filter coffee
- Game drives – including sundowner stop and night drive with astronomy
- All drinks – a special selection of fabulous South African wines (red / white & sparkling), craft & local beers, non-alcoholic beverages as well as selected premium spirits
- Transfers to and from Arathusa airstrip when flying with FedAir / Unique Air / Flexi Flyer
- Emergency medical assistance (excluding evacuation)
- VAT at 14%
- Transfers to and from the lodge other than the Arathusa airstrip
- Curio shop purchases
- Telephone calls
- All other incidental costs
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Travel insurance / travel cancellation refunds
- Sabi Sand reserve entrance fees which will be charged (in cash) at Gowrie Gate
- A mandatory Sabi Sand Guest Conservation Contribution of R114 incl VAT per person per night will be levied to all bookings as of 01 March 2017.
Cheetah Plains Camp Enquire Now