About Singita Castleton
- Master Bedroom & 5 Cottages
- Air Conditioning & En Suite Bathrooms
- Inter-leading Cottages Available
- Elegant Decor & Fully Serviced
Built from the original homestead, Singita Castleton’s master en suite bedroom is a study in safari sophistication and radiates a farmhouse-chic charm. Accompanying the main house, five 2-sleeper cottages are set under shady trees nearby, each with a full en suite bathroom and individual styling. Together these suites accommodate up to 12 guests in extravagant air-conditioned comfort and privacy. Families with younger children will be pleased to hear that two of the cottages are inter-leading and that baby sitters are available.
- Swimming Pool & Sun Deck with Loungers
- Lounge with Fireplace, Indoor & Outdoor Dining
- Fully Equipped Kitchen & Chef
- Gym, Tennis, Archery, MTB & Kids Activities
- Satellite TV, DVD Player & Wi-Fi
- Boutique, Gallery & Wine Shop
- Spa Treatments
- Baby Sitters Available
Singita Castleton offers one of the most extensive lists of facilities of any lodge in the Sabi Sand. Guests can make use of a gym and tennis court, the pool is surrounded by sun loungers and boasts views of the in-house waterhole, and if younger children feel like a bit of downtime, there’s Wi-Fi access, a satellite TV and even a trampoline. Adults may want to enjoy a spa or beauty treatment, conducted in the spa room or in the privacy of their suite. Baby sitters are available on request.
Meals are created in the kitchen in consultation with your private chef and served in the dining room or outside under the stars. Dietary requirements (Kosher & Halaal) can be catered for, as can menus for children. You’ll also enjoy plenty of firelight while you eat, either in the dining room by the fireplace or outside in the boma, a traditional eating place centred round a blazing log fire.
Activities at Singita Castleton
- Morning & Afternoon Game Drives
- Spot-lit Evening Drives
- Walking Safaris & Bird Watching
- Mountain Biking, Star Gazing, Archery & Tennis
- Cooking Lessons, Kids Activities & Community Visits
Prime position in the Sabi Sand Reserve gives Singita Castleton a distinct advantage when it comes to delivering Big 5 safaris. The concession it lies in is famous for up-close sightings of all the members of this exclusive club – even of leopards, so often the most elusive. Bird watching is excellent here and there are regular sightings of other highly sought-after creatures such as hippo, wild dog, cheetah, giraffe and hyena.
You’ll enjoy early morning and afternoon game drives with your private guide and tracker though the departure time and main focus of the drive is up to you. Tea, coffee and biscuits are served on morning drives and you’ll return to camp for a hearty brunch and – if you want to explore a bit more – a late morning nature walk with your guide.
Afternoon drives begin after tea and culminate in Africa’s famous sun-downer drinks at a scenic location. A spotlight is then turned on as you return to camp, picking out the rare and unusual animals that are usually only seen at night such as bush babies and eagle owls.
Singita Castleton also offers you the chance to really do it all. In between game drives you can go mountain biking, have baking or archery lessons, play a few sets of tennis or work up an appetite in the gym. Visits to local communities give you the chance to see another side to life in this environment.
On The Map
- All meals and beverages (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne)
- Private guide, house host, chef and house staff
- Private open Land Rover Safaris (1 vehicle for up to 8 guests, 2 vehicles for 9-12 guests)
- Walking safaris
- Mountain biking safaris (accompanied by experienced guides and trackers)
- Return road transfers between the Singita airstrip and the lodges
- Laundry service
- Tourism levy
- Telephone calls
- Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery
- French Champagne
- Spa treatments
- Exclusive access to a Singita spa therapist (to be pre-booked and pre-paid)
- Additional vehicle (available on request at an additional charge)
- Transport to and from the reserve
- Conservation & Tourism levy
Singita Castleton Enquire Now