About Ulusaba Safari Lodge
- Air-Conditioned & Fully En Suite
- Private Viewing Decks & Stunning Views
- Larger Suites with Pools Available
- Romantic Tree-House Suite
There are 11 rooms and suites at Ulusaba Safari Lodge, beginning with three adjoining Safari Rooms located close to the Main Lodge and each with a large viewing deck. The lodge also offers three tree-house style Elephant Rooms, so named for the elephants that often pass beneath them, and four larger River Rooms, also built in a tree-house style and two of which have private plunge pools.
Perfect for couples, the sophisticated Elephant and River Rooms offer a secluded and private experience as does the lodge’s accommodation masterpiece – the Tree House Suite, set over a waterhole and complete with lounge and daybed plus a private dining deck. This unique honeymoon hideaway is a 10 minute walk from camp and is reached via swing bridges and raised walkways.
All accommodation at Ulusaba Safari Lodge is fully en suite. Bathrooms feature ball and claw bathtubs and separate showers while the bedroom has a netted king-sized bed, air conditioning and a ceiling fan. A mini bar and tea and coffee station ensure you won’t want for any refreshments while you enjoy the view from your private deck.
- Swimming Pool
- Lounge, Dining Areas & Bar
- Gym, Tennis Courts & Spa
- Stargazing Telescope
- Internet Access
- Romantic ‘Bush’ Dining
One of the more well-appointed Sabi lodges, Ulusaba Safari Lodge offers its guests plenty of entertainment between game drives. Its swimming pool and spa are popular but you can also enjoy a workout in the gym or play a couple of sets on one of the two tennis courts. As night falls, you’ll find the focus turns to the lodge’s convivial bar and lounge where stories of the day’s sightings are recalled over drinks.
Dinners are a fine affair at Ulusaba and you’ll enjoy excellent cuisine and wine pairings. Dietary requirements, private meals and special occasions also catered for.
Activities at Ulusaba Safari Lodge
- Morning & Afternoon Game Drives
- Guided Nature Walks
- Bird Watching & Stargazing
- Cultural Tours
- Helicopter Sightseeing
Ulusaba lies at the heart of the Sabi Sands, putting it in front-row seats for some of Africa’s best Big 5 game viewing. Expert guides and keen-eyed trackers take you on morning and afternoon game drives in search of the heavyweights – lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino and leopard. It’s also a place of hippo, giraffe, cheetah and wild dog – no wonder Ulusaba offers specialist photographic safaris too. And after a toast to the setting sun, you’ll enjoy a spot-lit night drive, searching for Africa’s seldom seen nocturnal animals.
Extra activities such as sightseeing by helicopter and tours to an elephant sanctuary are offered, and guests also have the chance to discover the human element to this landscape. Visits to local Shangaan villages can be arranged and you’ll have an opportunity to support Ulusaba’s community project.
On The Map
River Room with plunge pool
- Your accommodation
- All meals served in a variety of locations around the lodge
- All beverages including a top quality wine list and fine champagne
- Twice daily game drives
- A daily walking safari (subject to favourable weather conditions)
- Fully equipped gymnasium
- Lounge equipped with DVDs, CDs and a small library
- Laundry service (no dry cleaning available)
- Business facilities (details available on request)
- Complimentary wireless available in all guest rooms and public areas
- An observatory, perfect for star gazing
- Informative talks on flora, fauna and conservation that can be organised on request for both adults and children
Private dining for up to 6 guests at Safari Lodge’s wine cellar and Rock Lodge’s wine room (subject to availability)
- Local telephone calls
- The contents of your mini bar
- Flights between Johannesburg and Ulusaba’s private airstrip
- Road and air transfers between other airports and lodges
- Aroma Boma beauty treatments
- Tours to the local community
- Private game drives (subject to availability)
- Photocopying, telephone, fax, e-mail facilities and gift shop purchases
- Scenic helicopter flights
- Conservation levy
Ulusaba Safari Lodge Enquire Now